Paul Gorman – Critical Incidents & Security
Paul’s in-depth critical incidents and security knowledge and expertise owes much to his highly successful and varied 27 year long career with the U.K. Police Service and subsequent senior roles with Deutsche Post DHL and the last 6 years as an independent consultant. Paul has spent almost 14 years living and working in the Middle East often in challenging environment such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
Paul is a Registered Independent Security Consultant and a Certified Protection Professional.
Formerly the elected Vice Chair of the Overseas Security Advisory Council in Bahrain he is also a founding fellow of the Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management.
All this together with his specialist qualifications in crisis management, the management of kidnap and ransom and anti-terrorism all combine to provide a strong offering for your business.
UK Police Career included the following roles and responsibilities:
- Criminal investigation
- Special branch
- Divisional command
- Established the Specialist Operations Squad
- Head of Force Operations successfully directing force-wide operations involving service crimes, major public and sporting events, royalty and V.I.P protection.
- Directed major incidents and exercises including civil disasters, anti-terrorism and the drafting of force contingency plans.
- As Deputy Director of the International Studies Faculty, at the prestigious Police Staff College Bramshill, Paul supported the professional development of senior officers from over 40 countries, some of whom now occupy very senior positions in their respective police organisations.
As Senior Director of Security for Deutsche Post DHL, the global leader in the express and logistics industry, and working extensively across the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey Paul:
- Was responsible for all aspects of corporate security including security policy, audits, crisis management, investigations, aviation security and hazardous environments.
- Took a leading role in numerous critical situations:
- Investigating security incidents in Iraq, providing accurate analysis and assessment of security risks with particular emphasis on Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon
- Led the Crisis Management Team when three managers were murdered in Kabul.
Other consultancy projects include:
- The British Foreign & Commonwealth Office in Barbados, India and Indonesia
- A Caribbean policing project for the U.K.’s most prestigious security consultancy providers
- Assignments for a number of major companies in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain and Scotland.
To take advantage of Paul’s skills knowledge and experience please contact him on (+44) 7496 290199.
Sharon Oxtoby Gorman – Therapeutic Counselling Services
A therapist since 1997, Sharon employs a number of complimentary counselling interventions and techniques in her work with clients.
Together with a Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Membership of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, Sharon has a wealth of experience in many areas of counselling.
Sharon works with individual, couples and groups and very experienced at assisting people from different cultural, ethnic and religious background and has worked extensively in the Middle East.
Sharon’s expertise is reflected by the delicate nature of the work she is asked to support and the organisations that request her services.
Sharon’s roles and experience include:
- The British Embassy – Support for the families of British expatriates affected by the sinking of the Al Dana dhow, close to the coast of Bahrain in 2006, where 58 lives were lost.
- DHL International – Counselling for employees and families involved in a critical incident resulting from the murder of three managers in Kabul.
- Bahraini Leisure Company – counselling for staff following the suicide of an employee.
- Home Office – College Grievance Manager at the Police Staff College, Bramshill where Sharon counselled staff and students with personal and professional difficulties.
- Executive secretary to the National Community and Race Relations Training Project.
- Facilitator on the Diversity and Race Awareness course for senior civil servants.
- Assistance for a local church women’s group dealing with the raising of adolescent children.
- Youth counsellor
- Women’s refuge counsellor.
Sharon can be contacted on the following direct telephone number (+44) 7739 380661.